Friday, 21 August 2026

Friday Catch Up - 21st August 2026

I managed to get some painting done this week, I used watercolour and fine liner
Friday Face Off / Doodlewash Art Challenge
A rough watercolour and pen painting of orangutans
Photo Challenges
All taken in the beautiful Kotor, Montenegro
My Flower of the Week is a Zulu Prince Cape Daisy seen in a friends garden
Also in the same garden we hung our experiments to dry from a workshop of Suminagashi or Japanese Water Printing. I'll come back to that sometime I hope.
I'll not be posting next week but I hope you all have a fun week.







 

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely art.
    I did enjoy seeing your photographs from Kotor, Montenegro . . . it looks a wonderful place to visit.
    Have a good week and see you after your short break.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Montenegro looks as gorgeous as Croatia did. And I especially like the bunny you painted. Do you have another trip planned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful artwork! I love all the photos. The ocean looks lovely. I miss the ocean. Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could watch you paint. I love your style and the line work is incredible. The rabbit is my favorite this week. You are right Kotor, Montenegro, is beautiful. Ohhh how fun to play with Suminagashi or Japanese Water Printing. I know you did a fabulous job. Thank you for sharing with FFO. I hope your upcoming week will be a fun one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your photos and paintings, Lin! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely art and enjoyed the photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice paintings all three 👌
    Enjoy weekend 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a striking daisy! Thanks for your lovely share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like the rabbit drawing . It's awesome. Your daisy photo is lovely. I'm wondering. Is the Suminagashi printed on fabric? It looks like it might be. Enjoy your time away, Linda. Happy FFO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Montenegro's Kotor is truly beautiful. Was it hot? The blue water makes the scenery look so comfortable.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful paintings and photos of Kotor. I like how you painted the backgrounds too. Love daisies. I will look up Suminagashi. Have a lovely weekend!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those seats on the water look splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how this Friday catch-up feels like a little scrapbook of the week, with something completely different on every page. The orangutan watercolour is especially lovely, and I can imagine how relaxing it must be to sit down with watercolour and a fine liner and just let the picture come together. Your Kotor photographs are beautiful too, especially seeing all those different little details from the same place. The Zulu Prince Cape Daisy is such a striking flower, but I have to admit the Suminagashi caught my attention because I had never really thought about how beautiful the finished pieces would look hanging up to dry. It looks like such a fascinating thing to try, and now I am curious about the workshop. I hope you enjoy your little break from posting next week and come back with another collection of lovely things you have been making and seeing. I shared a new post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting.