27. Jacana [never heard of these]
29. Koi Betta
For Doodlewash Art Challenge and Friday Face Off
There's a new AI editor with Photoshop so I thought I would try it out with my painted fish. I asked for the background to look like black sea and the fish to be more vivid, this is the result
Photo Challenges
Pull up a Seat [at Crook Hall and Gardens]
The first was in one of the rooms at Souter Lighthouse and the rest were at Beamish
Flower of the Week
Rambling Rose
It rambled a bit too much one year so I cut it down but it came back. I'll try to keep on top of it this time. It's very pretty but it only blooms once a year and not for that long.













Beautiful art and lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteI do love the bird, however, that fish! It is just magnificent. I can't stop looking at it. All of your photos are so interesting. The windows are excellent. I haven't seen a rambling rose in ages. This is so pretty. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a very nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteYou and me both linking it to several challenges. It is more fun this way, right?
ReplyDeleteI like the Red Sea look when you added your fish to a digital. And what is the black item in the photo that looks kind of like a submarine top? It's interesting. Have a super weekend.
ReplyDeleteAI makes your painting look more like a retouched photograph; the frilled fins have been trimmed and combed!
ReplyDeleteCould you use AI to make your rambling rose bloom longer? Maybe AI could alter the photo week by week from buds to wilted flowers? That way, you could enjoy a longer season.
Queenie
So many pictures to use for studies Lin, fabulously captured...I too have never heard of a Jacana, interesting Bird x
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable bird. And that beta koi is very, very colorful and well done. Great windows and doors and a lovely rambling rose. Happy slightly belated FFO and AFFF.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the art and photos. Photoshop's AI was disappointing when I was making a trainer for my latest book (I ended up using Gemini) but that change to your doodlewash is impressive.
ReplyDeleteI love the first photo in the pull up a seat, the one featuring the park bench. Well done!
Hi, I came to your blog via FridayFaceOff. It's Saturday now, oh well, I'm a bit late...
ReplyDeleteNo, I've never heard of a jacana either, but it's beautiful. As is your koi. The AI version is great, but it doesn't feel like your art does it.
Love your windows and doors. But what on earth is that black dome like structure? A military guard house? Men's urinal? Charcoal burner? The mind boggles.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca
I had to look up Jacana Birds, apparently they are sometimes referred to as Jesus birds or lily trotters, read more here:-
ReplyDeletehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacanidae
Your 'pull up a seat' pictures are lovely and your Rambling Rose is such a lovely colour.
Have a good October.
All the best Jan