Illustration Friday challenge - beard
Monday, 30 June 2014
Stamped background [bubble wrap], recycled envelope bird, postage stamp excess, brusho inks, aquamarkers, pearl ex powdered pigments. It has a metallic shimmer to the background which you can't really see on the photo.
Friday, 27 June 2014
Thursday, 26 June 2014
Wednesday, 25 June 2014
Work in progress Wednesdays - See Pintangle
My WIP is a quilt, all hand quilted. This is the back, I will show the front when I've done it. I started it for a competition but the deadline for registration with images is the 26th, tomorrow and it most definitely will not be finished. It may have been finished if I'd not gone away on holiday, I didn't know I was going away when I started the quilt, it was a last minute offer we couldn't resist.
I hope I don't lose interest in finishing it now though.
Also a new fabric swatch from Spoonflower, the design was for a beard and moustache contest. This one was printed on performance pique, a stretchy fabric that does not fray.
Tuesday, 24 June 2014
I had a trip to Roker Harbour today, it's not far away but I've not been for years. There are new buildings and walkways since I last went. I came across these sculptures set in some of the walls. Actually there were a lot more of them but I just took a selection with my phone camera, so the picture quality is not great.
Monday, 23 June 2014
Friday, 20 June 2014
I don't know if anyone noticed but I've not been posting for a week as I've been to Cyprus for a holiday. The sea was a lovely blue and turquoise.
Spot the cat?
There were a lot of feral cats over there, I'm not sure if this one was as it looked a bit fatter than the others, but I don't think it was for sale.
Click on image to enlarge.
Monday, 9 June 2014
Another fabric contest, this one was titled kitchen utensils. I drew the utensils on my tablet and the doily background came from an old drawing.
The repeating fabric
Sunday, 8 June 2014
A few weeks ago there was a contest for a fabric for crayon drawn monsters and these were some of the first drawings I did. I didn't really like any of them so I decided to use a handmade knitted primitive doll as a model.
And this is the resulting fabric
Friday, 6 June 2014
A few weeks ago at Gill's we had a printing play day. I printed the above on fabric with a mixture of manutex and brusho powders and I used a dry leaf to make the marks.
I've layered sheer fabrics on some of it then stitched it. One of the stitches I used was feathered chain stitch [Take a stitch Tuesday 112] and the rest are running stitches.
Thursday, 5 June 2014
Wednesday, 4 June 2014
Tuesday, 3 June 2014
This butterfly found it's way into the conservatory yesterday, doesn't it have lovely markings. I managed to get it out in one piece I'm pleased to say.
A butterfly I did a few weeks ago.
This rhododendron has been in my garden almost from when we moved in and that is about 30 years. In that time I have only ever seen two flowers, and not in the same year. As you can see there are over 30 flowers this year! Amazing.