Thursday, 6 October 2016

Angelina Fibres

I found some Angelina [heat bondable fibres] in a drawer which I've had for years so I thought I would use it.  I layered it and trapped some sheer fabric in between and after melting it I cut it into four and turned two sides over. It looked like a different fabric on the other side, a different colour as you can see. I up-cycled a shisha mirror with a stitched surround from some fabric I had then applied all to a background fabric with running stitches.

1 comment:

  1. A fantastic piece!
    Angelina is an interesting material; one can't know what the result will be after pressing with a hot iron and adding other material.
    I, too, have a lot of Angelina in a drawer. I am sure it wants to come out to play!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are most welcome and I will reply via email as soon as I'm able.