Thursday, 27 January 2011

Zebra Paper

I met up with some friends last week, who I had not seen since before Christmas and one of them brought some crackers; the paper on the crackers looked like zebra stripes. Well I couldn't just throw the empties away now could I? I removed the backing [soaking in water makes this easier] and then I collaged the pieces together on top of a piece of vilene/interfacing/lutradur I found lying around. The fabric had been dyed or painted and that is why some areas are tinged blue and purple, I quite like the effect, a happy accident. After that I did some sewing machine stitching on top using the decorative stitches, mainly at the joins although I did try a little hand stitching first. My plan was to stitch the outline of a zebra on it, but I don't think it will show up very well so I've still to decide what to do with it. It may end up as a background in a sketchbook if I can't think of anything else.

2 comments:

  1. To let you know that I have put a link to your Flickr work on the blog.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are most welcome and I will reply via email as soon as I'm able.