Monday, 18 March 2013

The Colour Purple [Pages 10 -13]

Page 10 - Background - painted, stamped, decorated layered papers, strip of vintage fabric, decorative machine stitching, stitched edges.
Vintage fabric cup, stitched, artificial lavender flower.

Three hand crafted art buttons [I used papers from a book and diary], tag decorated with found images on both sides and artificial flowers on one side.
Page 11 - Background - painted, stamped, decorated layered papers, stitched edges.
Appliqued flowers [vintage fabrics]

Page 12 - Background - painted, stamped, decorated layered papers, stitched edges.

Tag decorated with painted wooden flower, gem and bead.

The African scene was a purchased card. Two transfer printed buttons, one art button, three card circles decorated with magazine paper, stitched.

Page 13 - Background - painted, stamped, decorated layered papers, stitched edges.

The butterfly was recycled from a greetings card.

Painted doily, hand stitched, fish charms.



8 comments:

  1. More purple pages . . .I'm loving it.
    Have a marvelous week.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous mixed media journals you create! I love your designs and I have ordered from Spoon flower before. I also think the purples are luscious looking. I've decided to become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is a beauty!...if you aren't tired of me saying so...lol It's really very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie ...no I'm not tired of you saying nice things, they give me a buzz...and I'm glad you find it inspiring.

      Delete
  4. Wow - what a wonderful and truly mixed media piece. Love all the details xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry, I'm glad you like it.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are most welcome and I will reply via email as soon as I'm able.