Cranes is no longer a WIP, it's finished! I wrote about starting this in June.
I was going to embroider all of it but my stitching is not as neat as it used to be and the densely stitched areas were not looking good so I decided to paint the large areas of black with Inktense Blocks.
It is different to my usual work which tends to be very busy and one thing I don't like is that you can't hide your mistakes. [I'm not saying I made any LOL]. I did wonder if I should have painted the background but it's grown on me and I like it as it is.
I used black and a little red coton-a-broder thread on white cotton, mainly using back stitch. When finished the fabric was wrapped around a canvas frame. Size 24x24" / 60x60cm