Sunday 31 July 2016

Poppy Heads Applique

I painted canvas fabric with acrylic paints for this picture. The poppy heads were printed on top with hand made stamps and acrylic paint. The stamps were made with fun foam cut on my Zing cutting machine and stuck to strong card. The poppies were outlined with stitching and I stitched on a few strips of painted fabric for interest.

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Frog Applique

I used one of my handmade stamps for the frog, on fabric then painted over as well. I left the green patterned fabric crumpled for a more textured affect. Freehand machine stitched.

Sunday 24 July 2016

Pig Applique

I painted the background canvas fabric with acrylic paints. The pig is one of my Zing stamps that I made - I printed with it onto fabric. The 'fences' are also painted canvas. The pig and fences were machine stitched to the background.

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Another Rabbit Applique

I used another one of my stamps for the rabbit, stamped on fabric then over painted. The fabric below the rabbit is striped but it doesn't show up on my screen. Bits of fabric doilies are used for flowers. All hand stitched.

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Rabbit Applique

I've started a new sketchbook, this one is for fabric work.
I used one of my recently made stamps for the rabbit, printed on fabric {I think it was lutradur}. The 'flowers' were cut from a large crochet doily.

Friday 8 July 2016

Sketchbook 48 - The Last Pages

The bottle was from a greetings card

The flowery bits were from a greetings card

The bird [body] was from a greetings card

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Monday 4 July 2016

Handmade Stamps and Sketchbook Pages

Stamps - I drew them, pixel traced them into 'Make the cut' then cut them out of fun foam on my Zing cutter. I stuck them onto various bits of wood or strong card.

Then used them in my sketchbook. The beaver and panda didn't print too well so I will do them again sometime.