I don't have any watercolour paintings this week, I was working on one today but it's not finished and not very good so far.
For Friday Face Off I have animals made from egg boxes. They were an experiment for an activity to do with the grandkids but they didn't seem interested. I got the idea from Pinterest.
Photo Challenges
These were taken at Crook Hall and Gardens, Durham, UK earlier this year in April.
This is one of Durham City's most fascinating historic properties. What makes it particularly unusual is that the building is not one single period house, it has grown and changed over roughly 700–800 years, with medieval, Jacobean and Georgian parts joined together. There are interlinked gardens which include borders, secluded walled gardens, an orchard and a tranquil moat pool.
It’s said that there have been many famous visitors to Crook Hall including William Wordsworth, Walter Scott and John Ruskin. The National Trust acquired the property in 2022 after it shut for covid
And for my Flower of the Week I have some wild garlic
I hope you have a fun week coming up, bye for now.











These are so darn cute. There is so much one can do with egg cartons. Crook Hall looks amazing. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteCute faces!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteExcellent photos. I was wondering how you made the little animals. I wouldn't have guessed egg cartons, but I see it now. I hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI like your collection of chairs.
ReplyDeleteThe problems I had with posts not showing up on my Reading List seem to be solved, although I have no idea what Mr Blogger did to fix the trouble.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it was nice to find your blog post on the list again this morning.
Crook Hall in Durham looks like an interesting place with many charming doors, windows and seats.
I often eat garlic stirfried garlic stems but I have to my knowledge never seen flowering garlic.
Queenie
The egg carton animals are adorable. Too bad the grands didn't care for them. I was in awe of your photos of Crook Hall in Durham. Marvelous shots. Happy belated FFO.
ReplyDeleteI do like the egg carton animals.
ReplyDeleteYour photographs from Crook Hall and Gardens are wonderful and nice to see the wild garlic as your flower of the week.
All the best Jan
That does look like a really charming property!
ReplyDeleteAnimals made from egg boxes - so creative! Yours are wonderful. Love your photos of Crook Hall. The stone buildings are my favorite.
ReplyDelete-Soma
I thought the egg carton animals were pretty cute. I love that hall with all of its nooks and crannies.
ReplyDelete